Steve Olech, Managing Director
Steve Olech’s personal commitment to SO Strategic’s clients is that every agency intervention will be developed with a commitment to long term solutions.
Steve's achievements that led to the stablishment of SO Strategic included working with many leading national brands including:
- Adelaide Oval implementation strategy and project management for the Port Adelaide Football Club in the AFL
- Establishment of the Adelaide Strikers in the Big Bash League
- Major partnership development for the Port Adelaide Football Club including sponsorships with Renault, BHP, SGIC, VIP Home Services, ISC, CUB and the Power to End Hunger for Foodbank with Bendigo Bank.
- Strategy and establishment of new digital radio stations for the Nova Network
- Project management of multiple business improvement and “change” initiatives
- Negotiation of major rights for multiple businesses nationally
- Private investor relations including overseas interests into Australian entities
- Project management of the sale of DMG Radio and other entities across the country
- Marketing, brand and merchandise strategy development for multiple businesses
- Media negotiation and strategy for multiple entities and industries
As a commercial strategist, Steve offers a unique blend of experience. Steve started in commerce, then developed and grew into a leading national marketing and sales strategist over the past 10 years.
Steve's qualifications include:
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Diploma of Management – AFL Senior Leadership Mt. Eliza Business School
- Accredited agent of the AFL Players Association
- Member of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants
- Associate Diploma in Computer and Information Science
Darren Pike, Client Business Director
Darren has worked in the sales and management field for close to 20 years and directly within advertising and media organisations for the last 11.
Achieving success for his partners and clients through measurable results is what drives Darren.
With “hands on” management experience through franchise ownership and direct business management, Darren became AAPT’s largest Franchise owner in SA/NT before moving into media.
Experience developed across commercial roles, with highlights including:
- Messenger Newspapers and News Corporation - quickly progressing to management roles negotiating planning with state government and advertising agencies. With consistent annual growth in revenue, Darren was awarded the national Top 5 Sales person 3 years in a row.
- Austereo - senior account management roles with Austereo quickly becoming their highest ‘new business’ achiever in the company.
- Fairfax Media - with a passion of leading and training, Darren managed staff development as a National Sales Trainer conducting training all around Australia for their Print and Online sales teams.
- Overseeing at Careerone.com in SA and NT, where Darren took Careerone.com to number 1 in SA and NT being the first time in any state.
- Director of Sales at Fresh 92.7 re-building the sales team and doubling all revenue streams of the business year on year in a flat radio market at the time.
- Group Sales Manager for Nova Entertainment, overseeing local teams selling Fiveaa, Nova 919, Coles Radio and SmoothFM Digital, taking the team to double its revenue within 2 years.
Darren’s focus for consulting is helping to assist people and business to improve sales and revenue, individual and team training and guiding brand through marketing and business plans.
Darren's qualifications include:
- 2012 – Customer Engagement & SPIN Selling Courses, Huthwaite Asia Pacific
- 2011 – Train the Trainer and DISC Profiling Courses, Fairfax Media
- 2008 - Business Management Diploma in Human Resources, Tafe SA
- 2005 - Certificate IV In Management, Tafe SA
- 2003 - Certificate III In Retail Studies, PATDC